What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Clear drying, non-toxic glue
- Clear tape
What You Do:
- Cut a long thin strip from the construction paper. This will be the headband, and will wrap around your child’s head. If the paper is too short to fit all the way around her head, cut two pieces and tape them together.
- Wrap the paper strip(s) around your child’s head to measure for size.
- Help your child to draw two long ovals on a separate sheet of paper to form the ears. This step provides a good opportunity to talk to her about different shape names.
- Ask your child to decorate the two ears and paper head band. She can use markers to create patterns, design small pictures, or simply color in solid colors. Encourage her to think of Easter related images to add, such as eggs, chicks, or the bunny himself.
- Have her add cotton balls with glue for a fuzzy effect.
- Create a circle with the paper strip(s) and tape.
- Invite her to glue the ears to the inside of the strip towards the back of the circle.
Help her put on her brand new bunny ears. She can wear and play with her new costume for an Easter-themed adventure!