What You Need:
- Hot air popper or microwave
- White paper plate
- Black construction paper
- Googly eye
What You Do:
- Help your preschooler use the hot air popper or microwave to pop the popcorn. Be sure to make a little more than you think you will need since there will almost certainly be some snacking taking place. Let the popcorn cool while you complete steps 2–4.
- Cover your work area so that it is easy to clean up after using the glue.
- On the black construction paper, show your child how to draw two rectangular lamb legs and an oblong lamb head.
- Cut these pieces out and tape or glue them to the plate.
- Help your child glue the googly eye in place on the lamb’s face.
- Now it's time to cover the lamb’s body with popcorn. Help your child add glue to a small area and have him cover the glue with popcorn. Repeat until the lamb is covered with popcorn.
- Let the glue set while you take the leftover popcorn to a good snacking spot.
- When you are done snacking, turn the lamb over to see what falls off. Reglue these pieces of popcorn and let dry.
- Hang in a safe place. You don’t want your pets snacking on the Easter lamb!
You could continue the project by creating a whole flock of sheep to accompany your lamb. If you want some variety, use dessert plates for the bodies of smaller lambs.