What You Need:
- 5 sheets of paper
What You Do:
- Help your child think of five autumn-related terms. Some examples are pumpkin, leaf, and cornucopia.
- Then, have her use the marker to write one term at the top of each sheet of paper.
- Next, use a ruler to draw a line down the center of each paper, dividing them in half.
- Take over duties and write a phrase for each of the senses in the left column. For example, if you chose the term "leaf," the left column should look like this:
A leaf looks like ___________ .
A leaf smells like ___________ .
A leaf tastes like ___________ .
A leaf feels like ___________ .
A leaf sounds like ___________ .
- To play the game, your child completes each sentence in the blank right columns. There are no wrong answers here, and the more poetic her responses are, the better. Encourage her to think of unique answers of her own, like a leaf feels like fine leather!
- Get creative and really explore each sense to complete all five pages.