What You Need:
- Stem glass
- Colored sharpies
- Strawberry-kiwi juice (optional)
- Cranberry juice (optional)
- Tonic water
- Lemon or lime juice
- Rolling pin
- Ice cube tray (optional)
- Popsicle sticks (optional)
What You Do:
- Hand your child a plain stem glass and some colored sharpies.
- Allow her to decorate the outside of her glass with said
- sharpies however she pleases.
- In a separate pitcher, pour in 1 cup of strawberry-kiwi juice.
- Add ½ a cup of cranberry juice to that same pitcher.
- Pour in 1 cup of tonic water and stir the mixture with a spoon.
- Add in a squirt of lemon or lime juice and stir again.
- With a rolling pin, smash one or two mints into a powder.
- Add the mint powder to the substance and mix one final time.
- Fill your child’s now decorated stem glass with ice and pour in a portion of the juice-blend drink.
- Your child now has a festive drink she can enjoy with the rest of the family at the approach of midnight on New Year’s Eve.
Feel free to change things up with different juice blends if the ones mentioned above don’t appeal to your child.) If leftovers remain, try pouring what’s left into an ice cube tray and freezing into flavored ice cubes or popsicles.