What You Need:
- 9" x 12" white construction paper
- Red and blue crayons
- 100 silver foil star stickers
What You Do:
- Use a pencil and a ruler to draw lines to form a simple flag design on the construction paper. (A rectangle in the upper left corner with no stars; thirteen horizontal stripes on the right.) Flip the paper over and repeat.
- Have your child color the flag on both sides. She should color every other stripe on the flag red, beginning with the top stripe, and leave the stripes in between white. Once she's colored all of the stripes, it's time to color the rectangle blue.
- Ask your child to gather her star stickers, and tell her she's going to use them to make a very special flag. She'll start with fifty on the first side, putting them one by one onto the blue rectangle. As she places each sticker, she should count it aloud. When she gets to fifty, ask her to flip the flag over, and start on the other side, counting from 51, all the way to 100.
Display the flag in a window so it can be viewed from both the inside and outside of your home.