What You Need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Construction paper
- Hole punch
- Clear tape or glue
- Tissue paper
What You Do:
- Help your child to create football flower petals. Choose colors based on dad’s favorite pro or college team. For example, if he is a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, select black and yellow papers. Ask him to draw oval shapes onto the construction paper and cut them out with scissors.
- Use a marker to design team logo or write the team’s name on the flowers petal ovals.
- Punch a hole (with the hole punch) into one end of each football flower petal. Thread a green pipe cleaner (as a stem) through the hole and fold to close.
- Cut at least two extra ovals out as leaves. Glue or tape these to the sides of the pipe cleaner.
- Repeat for more flowers.
- Gather the "flowers", or just use one, and wrap with a sheet of tissue. Choose a piece of tissue paper that matches the team colors and wrap the bouquet up as a special surprise.
Try this project with other types of sports if dad is not a football fan. Make circle shaped basketball or baseball petals or even consider making tiny-tennis racquets.