What You Need:
- White card stock paper 8.5” x 11”
- Colored card stock paper 8.5” x 11”
- Colored felt
- Colored yarn
- Multi-colored buttons with flat bottoms
- White glue
- Craft knife
- Black marker
What You Do:
- Draw a large heart on the white card stock. Draw a smaller heart inside where the photo will be placed. Cut out the outside of the heart with scissors, and help your child cut out the inner heart with a craft knife.
- Trace the white cut-out heart outline on felt using a marker. Cut out the felt heart frame with scissors.
- Glue the felt heart frame onto the white heart frame, so it stays sturdy.
- Glue decorative buttons on top of the felt heart.
- Glue a piece of yarn around the inner heart to frame the photo area.
- Cut a square from the colored card stock that is big enough to fit over the picture window. If the square overlaps the bottom of the heart, you can trim it to the shape of the heart.
- Glue only the bottom and the sides of the square to the back of the frame. The top is where the photo will slide down to fit in the picture window.
- Cut a rectangle of the same colored card stock, the same length as the square. Line it up to the top of the square and glue the top edge down to the middle of the rectangle. Allow it to dry.
- Carefully pull back the rectangle from the bottom to the middle and gently crease the point at where the glue begins.
Place a beautiful photo in the frame and share it with someone you love!