What You Need:
- Styrofoam cup
- Pipe cleaner
- Jingle bell (available at craft stores)
- Crayons (or other decorations such as stickers, stamps, and sequins)
What You Do:
- Turn the cup upside down and have your child decorate the cup with crayons and other desired decorations.
- Stick a pipe cleaner through the top of the jingle bell holes. Slide the bell to the middle of the pipe cleaner.
- Using the pencil, poke two holes in the bottom of the cup. Hold the pipe cleaner and jingle bell inside the cup and poke the pipe cleaner ends into the two holes. Pull them through and twist them together to form a handle for this bell cup. Now your child's holiday instrument is ready!
- Together sing “Jingle Bells” and other holiday songs. Your child will love ringing the bell to the beat of the music.
If you have a video camera handy, make sure to capture his performance on film! DVDs filled with precious moments such as these make great gifts for friends and relatives.