What You Need:
- Craft foam
- Craft glue
- White dimensional paint such as puff paint
What You Do:
- Help your child cut out two matching hearts. They need to be big enough that when they're glued together you can slip them over the handle of a spoon. Between 1 ½ inches and 2 inches tall and wide will work well.
- Show him how to run a bead of craft glue around the upper sides and top of one heart. Don’t put any glue near the bottom of the heart — remember, you are making an envelope to slip the heart over the handle of a spoon.
- Have him lay a second heart on top of the first one and let the glue dry.
- Let him use some paint to decorate the top heart. Tell him he can outline the heart with dots, a dashed line or solid line. In the center of the heart, include a smaller heart. Don’t decorate with glitter or it might end up in someone’s food!
- Once the paint has dried, help him make plans to deliver these special gifts on Valentine’s Day morning.
If your family is hosting a special Valentine’s Day event, use these as place markers at the table. Make hearts that have peoples' initials on them. Use them to embellish a spoon in a cup of hot chocolate, add a dose of love to an ice cream sundae, or make a piece of cake even more scrumptious.