What You Need:
- Metal cookie or candy tin
- Metal paper clips (about 20)
- Unsharpened pencil or chopsticks
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
- Paintbrush (optional)
What You Do:
- Remove the lid from the empty cookie tin and have your child decorate the outer surface with paint or stickers.
- Have your child place the tin on a sheet of cardboard and trace the circle. Leaving about 1/4 inch of space outside this circle, cut out the circle so it's slightly larger than the tin.
- Have your child turn the tin upside down and spread paper clips evenly on the recessed base of the tin.
- Place the cardboard circle over the paper clips. It should be slightly raised above the paper clips.and tape it to the sides of the tin with heavy-duty tape.
- Now your little musician can use unsharpened pencils or chopsticks to tap to his content!
Use this drum along with other homemade instruments to strike up a family band!