What You Need:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Heaping ½ cup of your favorite chunky salsa
- 1 lime, juiced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot sauce, optional
What You Do:
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocados well with a fork.
- Add green onions, garlic, cilantro, salt, salsa and lime.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper and stir well.
- If your child enjoys spicy food, then add a few dashes of hot sauce. Keep in mind that you if you are using hot salsa, it may be spicy enough without adding hot sauce, so taste it first.
Enjoy! Dip tortilla chips into the guacamole, or for a twist, try it with pita chips. Also try jazzing up your favorite sandwich or wrap, or add a dollop to Chicken Tortilla Soup to make it a little more special.
Did you know?
- Another name for an avocado is Alligator Pear because of its pear-like shape and green skin.
- California produces about 90 percent of the country’s avocados.
- Avocado comes from the Aztec word “ahuacatl.”
- Avocado is a fruit.