What You Need:
- Shaving cream
What You Do:
- Pour an equal amount of glue and shaving cream into a bowl and mix together until the mixture is thick. Now you have snow paint!
- Let your child create a picture on the paper using the paintbrush and snow paint. If he uses thicker amounts, he can create more texture on the page and a 3 dimensional effect.
- Ask your child questions about snow. In what environments does it snow? What do you think snow feels like? Do you think snow is hot or cold? What do other types of weather feel like, such as rain and sun? What is his favorite season and why?
- When your child is done with his painting, ask him to describe what he made. Did he make snowflakes, a snowman, or something else?
- Let the paint dry. Then your child will be able to enjoy his snow painting.
You can also use this paint for other occasions. For example, you can add red or pink to make a Valentine’s Day painting, or green for a St. Patrick’s Day painting.