What You Need:
- Muslin (an old white t-shirt will work, too)
- Medium sized wiggly eyes
- Cute coffee mugs with a Halloween motif
- Double-sided tape
- Treats to fill the mug
- 4 toilet paper rolls cut in half
- Small wiggly eyes
- 8 orange, black, or Halloween motif linen napkins
What You Do:
- Parents, cut the muslin into 4 1”x36” strips for the Mummy Mug.
- Show your child how to tack the wiggly eyes in place on the mug using a small piece of double-stick tape. The nice thing about using double-stick tape is that it won’t damage the coffee mug when your guests remove the muslin so they can use the mugs after the party.
- Next, demonstrate how to wrap the muslin strips around the mug until it is completely covered, allowing just the wiggly eyes to peek through.
- Make one for each guest to take home after the party.
- To make the coordinating Mummy Napkin Rings, simply tack the small pair of googly eyes onto each toilet paper roll half, then wrap a thin strip or two of muslin around them, just as you did with the mug.
- Carefully insert your linen napkins through the decorated rings and set them out on your table along with place settings and your Mummy Mugs.
- If you'd like to make sure the kids don't get into the treats in their Mummy Mugs before the party is over, wrap each one in cellophane and secure with ribbon. For a personal touch, write each person’s name on a small tag, punch a little hole at the corner, and slide it onto the ribbon before tying a bow.
Let the spooky fun begin!