What You Need:
- Sugar cookie dough, chilled (use your favorite recipe or a commercially prepared dough)
- Colored icing
- Small pastry bag or Ziploc bag for piping the icing
- Baking sheet
- Table knife
- Necktie template
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven according to the recipe or package directions.
- Design and have your child cut out the necktie template
- Roll out the chilled cookie dough on your work surface to about 1/4" thick.
- Set the template lightly over the dough and help him use the table knife to cut out the shape. Have him gently place the shape on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Bake the cookies according to the recipe or package directions.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely. If the cookies have spread out and lost their shape, use a table knife to trim the edges while they are still warm.
- Encourage your child to decorate the cookies with icing to create unique tie patterns. Stripes, polka dots, flowers…you decide what would look best on Dad!
Suggestion: For a creative presentation, try making a homemade cookie jar and place Dad’s necktie cookies inside.