What You Need:
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
What You Do:
- She is going to try to balance objects from around the house on her finger, nose, and head! After she successfully balances one object, ask her to try to balance another at the same time. See how many she can balance at once! First, she'll try to balance the Dr. Seuss book on her head.
- Now, ask her to try to keep the book on her head as she balances a spoon on her nose.
- Urge her to then try to balance a balloon on her finger.
- If she successfully balances all those things at once, have her try to balance a basketball on her other finger, too!
- If she still has no trouble balancing ALL of those things, have her try to lift up one foot and balance on her other foot.
We don’t guarantee that this test will end in success, but it will be fun and challenging! Have the whole family join in to see who has the best balancing act of all. If she simply can’t get enough of this Cat in the Hat-like balancing act, try using three or more balloons to orchestrate a balloon juggling contest.