What You Need:
- A bed sheet
- 3 Sofa cushions or pillows
- Small toys
- Soft toys or soft balls
- Laundry basket
- Jump rope or piece of yarn
- Cooking Spoon
What You Do:
- Set up the obstacles in a room with plenty of space to move around. Use the chairs and bed sheet to create a tunnel, place the pillows or cushions next to each other as the following obstacle, put the small toys and container together, place the stuffed animals or balls with the laundry basket, and place the jump rope or string at the end.
- Tell your kids to start by hopping up and down ten times.
- Next, they should crawl through the tunnel of chairs with the sheet on top of the chairs.
- Now they should step carefully over each pillow or cushion, spaced out from each other in a line.
- The next phase is to use the cooking spoon to pick up the small toys one by one and place them into a container.
- Next the kids should do five jumping jacks in a row and then run in place for ten seconds.
- Now is time for the ball toss. Have them try to toss the soft balls into the laundry basket from a few feet away.
- Next, they should walk along the jump rope or piece of yarn in a straight line, trying to keep their feet on the rope.
- Hop five more times. Then they are done!
For an Outdoor Obstacle Course:
If the weather is nice and you are able to go outside to a park, make an outdoor obstacle course instead! Here is one you can try:
- Hop in place ten times.
- Go up a jungle gym and slide down the slide.
- Swing on the swing for twenty seconds.
- Step across the cracks on a sidewalk.
- Sprint across a field of grass.
- Skip back to the starting line.