What You Need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child choose a color and measure the width of the toilet paper roll, and cut out a rectangle that is about the same width--usually 4 inches. Wrap the construction paper over the tube and secure it with tape.
- Place the toilet paper upright and fold down the top edges of the roll so there are two points. There will be the owl's ears.
- Secure the ears with tape.
- Have your child draw and cut out a circle from construction paper, and then cut it in half to make to semicircles. These will be wings.
- Decorate the wings with markers by drawing feathers.
- Tape the wings to each side of the owl body.
- Have your child choose three other colors for the eyes, and cut two circles out of each color. Each color should be a slightly different size.
- Place the three circles on top of each other, from largest to smallest, and glue them together.
- Glue the eyes onto the owl's face.
- Cut out an orange triangle beak and glue it right under the owl's eyes.
- For the owl's claws, cut out a small orange circle and cut it into half, with zigzags.
- Glue them to the bottom of the owl.
Did you know that owls are nocturnal animals? Keep these by the bed to watch over you at night!