What You Need:
- Two sheets of construction paper
- Plastic wrap
- Double stick tape
- Scotch tape
- Foam in white, red, black and orange
- Hole punch
- White paper
- X-acto craft blade
What You Do:
- Have your child fold a sheet of construction paper into a card.
- Measure and draw a window for the snow globe, leaving at least an inch of paper on the edge to frame your snow globe.
- Help your child cut out the window using a craft blade and ruler.
- Tear off a piece of plastic wrap that is the size of half of the card.
- Open the card and lay it flat on the table, with the window on the left.
- Lay the plastic wrap down over the window and use double stick tape to secure all the edges around the window, sealing it shut with plastic.
- Cut the other piece of construction paper in half. This will be the base for your snow scene.
- Now your child can draw out a snowman on white foam and cut out this shape. Add a scarf, hat, eyes, buttons and a carrot nose.
- Glue the snowman onto the half sheet of construction paper and let it dry.
- Tape double stick tape along the sides and bottom of the front of the snowman scene. Adhere it to the plastic wrap, and make sure the snowman is centered in the window.
- In the opening at the top of the snowman scene, drop a handful of paper punch holes to create snow.
- Use scotch tape to seal the top of the card so none of the “snowflakes” fall out.
Shake up your paper globe to make it snow!