What You Need:
- Black pipe cleaner
- Hot glue gun
- Googly eyes
What You Do:
- Invite your child to take a closer look as spiders by heading to the local library or doing some research online. Spiders are arachnids, which means they wear their skeleton on the outside!
- Now your child can gather together the materials for creating her spooky spider rings. Offer adult assistance as needed with the hot glue gun.
- Encourage your child to start twisting and bending a black pipe cleaner until it comfortably wraps around her finger, then twists together to create a circular center, and use the remaining to create a leg on each side.
- Now she can use the scissors to trim the legs to proper lengths and use the remaining pieces to cut six more legs. She can use another pipe cleaner as needed.
- Invite your child to adhere the additional legs to the sides of the spider using the hot glue gun. Once the legs are properly attached, she can bend them to creating spooky spider legs.
- To finish the fun spider ring she can add a couple of small googly eyes to the body of the spider.
Your child can try on her ring and do any final twisting or bending, making her spider ring perfect!
Did You Know:
The biggest spider in the world is the bird eating spider, which can have a leg span of 11-inches?