What You Need:
What You Do:
- Give each child a piece paper and have them draw a rainbow. Use the “ROY G. BIV” rainbow model: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo (light purple), Violet (dark purple).
- Have each child take their rainbow and a crayon and head outside.
- Show them that there are objects out there for each color of the rainbow: a yellow car, a green leaf, a red hat, etc.
- Explain that each child needs to find one object for each color of the rainbow. When they find it, they should write it down on their paper.
- Say, "Ready, set, go!" and the first one to see and write down an object for each of the 7 colors wins!
For some added fun, set a timer and see how long it takes to find all the different colors!