What You Need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Small rocks
- Acrylic paint in two colors
What You Do:
- Help your child glue popsicle sticks into a tic-tac-toe board.
- After the sticks have dried, show your child how to wrap yarn around the four inside corners and then tie off with a knot. This helps the board keep its durability.
- Have your child select two colors of paints for the rocks. Paint six rocks one color and six rocks a different color. Allow them to dry.
- Once the game board and the game pieces are complete, go ahead and play! Each person takes a turn placing their rocks in the tic-tac-toe grid, trying to be the first player to get three of their rocks in a row. In the event that neither player can make the pattern, then it is a draw and you play again.
To make a larger board, have your child help you hold and glue sticks together in a larger grid. You can vary the game by having each player attempt to get four in a row, on a 5x5 or 6x6 grid.