What You Need:
- 1/2 c pumpkin pie filling
- 2 c pancake mix
- 1 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil + ¼ teaspoon for coating the frying pan
- Non-stick frying pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Large spoon
- Serving plate
- Maple syrup
What You Do:
- Have your child measure and add the pumpkin pie filling, pancake mix, milk, egg, and oil into the mixing bowl and give them a big stir with a large spoon.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and coat the pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil.
- Once the pan is nice and hot, have your child to spoon the pumpkin pancake batter onto the frying pan in small rounds. She can make them into any shape or size she prefers. Experiment!
- Encourage your child to keep a close eye on the pancakes, watching for bubbles to appear on the top. Once this happens, flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Your child can continue making pancakes until the batter is gone, then stack them on a serving plate and add butter and maple syrup on top.
Now they're ready for the family to enjoy!