What You Need:
- Puzzle pieces
- Several feet of plastic string or necklace chain (found at craft stores)
- Thin craft wire
- Hot glue gun or heavy duty glue
What You Do:
- Have your child flip the puzzle pieces over so that the brown cardboard side is showing.
- Cut 1 to 2 centimeters of craft wire per puzzle piece.
- Pinch the craft wire segments into the shape of a “U”.
- Glue the tips of the craft wire to the puzzle pieces using one piece of wire for each puzzle piece. These will serve as hanging devices.
- After the glue dries, thread the puzzle pieces onto your necklace string or chain.
- Place the necklace around your child's neck by securing the clasp or tying it in place.
A fun alternative to this design is stacking puzzle pieces abstractly: glue them together as one single ornament and then add one larger wire hook to the back of the entire sculpture and string it on a necklace.