What You Need:
- Tin cans, washed and labels removed
- 2 or more sheets of colored tissue paper
- White glue
- Shallow bowl
- Scissors (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child measure out 2 tablespoons of white glue and put it in the bowl.
- Begin adding small amounts of warm water to the glue while stirring it with the spoon. Add water to the glue until it is easy to stir but not quite the consistency of water.
- Help your child cut out or tear the tissue paper into shapes of various sizes.
- Have her take a tissue paper shape and dip one side into the glue-water mixture.
- Ask her to put the tissue paper onto the tin can, smoothing it with her finger if necessary.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the entire can is covered with tissue paper. Let dry.
- If you like, you can add an additional layer of tissue paper once the glue is dry. If not, your can is ready to go!
Your child can place her new organizer on her desk or inside a drawer to collect loose ends and keep her personal space a little neater (and cuter)!