What You Need:
- Brown construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Red pom
- Black marker
What You Do:
- To make the perfect reindeer hat, your child is going to need a good base. Help her measure a piece of brown construction paper around her head. (Older kids and adults may need to tape two pieces of paper together to create a big enough hat.)
- Have her use her scissors to cut the paper into a long three inch tall strip.
- Gently wrap the strip of paper around your child's head to double check that it fits.
- While holding the paper in place with one hand, remove it from your child's head and staple it closed with your other hand.
- Have your child fold a sheet of brown paper in half.
- Help her draw one antler along the fold.
- Let her use scissors to cut the antler out to create two identical antlers.
- Have her staple the antlers to the inside of the hat.
- Let her use glue to attach wiggle eyes and a red pom for his nose.
- Have her use a black marker to add the final touch -- a smile!
Don't forget to help her make one for all her friends and family members. You wouldn't want anyone to get left out of this silly photo!