What You Need:
- 1 37” x 10” rectangle of cotton fabric
- 6 cups long-grain dry rice (not instant)
- Sewing machine
- One-cup measuring cup
What You Do:
- Fold the rectangle of fabric over lengthwise with the patterned side (right side) facing in.
- Sew the bottom and long side closed, with a 1/2" seam allowance (the distance between the fabric edge and line of stitches).
- Turn the tube right side out and, starting at the bottom seam, use a pencil or chalk to place marks every six inches along the long side of the rectange. Stop when you're 1/2" from the top (open) edge.
- Pour one cup of rice inside the tube.
- At the first mark, sew across the width to enclose the rice in the bottom segment.
- Pour another cup of rice into the tube and sew across the width at the next mark. Repeat the process until the last cup of rice has been added.
- Turn under the edges of the open end and sew the rectangle tightly closed.
To warm, microwave the pack for 1-2 minutes until hot. Hold it to your body, making sure it’s not too hot for comfort. Ahhhh….