What You Need:
- T-shirt of your choice (a new one with a logo you like or an outgrown, well-loved shirt)
- Sewing machine (or a needle and ambitious hands)
- Pillow stuffing (you can get this at a craft store, fabric store, or even Wal Mart)
- Pins (optional, but recommended)
What You Do:
- Turn the clean t-shirt inside out.
- Have your child help you pin the bottom edges of the t-shirt together. Make sure to place the pins next to where you want to sew so that the needle doesn't hit the pins while sewing!
- Sew across the bottom edge so that it is shut completely and remove the pins carefully.
- Now, have your child help you pin and sew the arms in a similar way! Pin and sew at the very edges of the sleeves to make a t-shirt shaped pillow (fantastic for cuddling and a fun addition to a kid's room).
- Turn the shirt back right-side out and let your child start stuffing! For a fuller pillow, make sure to push the stuffing to the corners and really plump it up. The stuffing will get compressed a little over time.
- Once the shirt is full and you are happy with it, flatten the collar edges together and sew them shut.
- Voila! A great pillow that is sure to bring some recycled comfort and joy.
For a larger pillow, use an adult-sized shirt. You will need more stuffing or fill for the shirt, but it makes such a cozy pillow!