What You Need:
- Thin, rigid wire
- Thin, flexible wire
- Assortment of 4 to 15 millimeter beads
- Wire cutters
- Gold or silver spacers (optional)
What You Do:
- Instruct your child to cut three 6” lengths of wire for each snowflake that she wishes to make.
- Have her secure the three wires in the center with the flexible wire, and bend them so that they are pointed in different directions. Explain to her that each point is called a "spoke."
- Invite your child to begin stringing the beads. Remind her that the design she creates on each spoke can be alternating and/or asymmetrical.
- When the design is complete, use pliers to help her make a small loop at each end.
- On the last spoke, have your child hook a ribbon through the loop before closing.
She is ready to give the decorated snowflakes to her friends! Help her attach a small gift tag to the loop. She can invite her friends to hang their snowflakes up as a pretty window decoration, or on their family Christmas tree—either way, these elegant ornaments are sure to brighten up any home!