What You Need:
- Foam square
- Fake silk butterflies
- Small fake flowers
- Fake plastic bees
- Vinyl place mat
- Dried floral moss
What You Do:
- Put the foam square on the vinyl place man and start covering it with glue. Encourage your child to get a little messy! She can use her hands to spread the glue all over the foam. Just make sure she doesn't get in any glue on the bottom of the square.
- Give your child the dried floral moss and let her stick it all over the foam square. When she's done, no part of the foam should be visible.
- Now it's time to decorate! Let your child stick the fake flowers and butterflies into the moss. You won't need any glue for this step. The foam square should secure all your decorative pieces.
- Squeeze a drop of glue onto each plastic bee. Give the bees to your child and let her place them onto the moss.
- Find somewhere to put your spring centerpiece on display! Encourage your child to be on the lookout for more flowers and insects she can stick into the centerpiece -- it's a project she never has to stop building and improving.
Use this fun seasonal activity as a launch pad for some spring-themed talk! Does she know why we associate flowers with springtime? What's her favorite spring activity?