What You Need:
- Crayons in red, orange, yellow and brown
- Kitchen hand grater
- Shallow container
- Waxed paper
- Brown grocery bags
- Safety scissors
- Hole punch
- Rocks or clay
What You Do:
- Have your child remove the paper from the fall-colored crayons.
- Use a hand grater to shave the crayons, and mix all the shavings in a shallow container.
- Place a brown grocery bag on the table and then place waxed paper on top.
- Have your child place leaves on the wax paper and sprinkle a small amount of the crayon shavings on and around each leaf.
- Sandwich the leaves with a second sheet of waxed paper. Then place another brown grocery bag on top.
- Gently iron over the brown grocery bag on a low setting. The wax shavings will melt and blend.
- When the leaves cool, your kindergartener can remove the paper bags and cut around the wax paper leaves, keeping a small border around each one.
- Punch a hole at the top of each leaf and help your child thread a piece of yarn through them.
Hang the leaves in a bright window or tie them onto a twig to make an autumn tree!