What You Need:
- White construction paper
- Scraps of red and blue construction paper
What You Do:
- Offer your child pieces of red and blue scrap construction paper of various sizes. Now invite her to begin drawing several stars free-hand seeing if she can create stars of different sizes.
- Now offer your child a ruler and encourage her to use the straight edge to draw and measure the lines of a few more stars. Does she prefer to freehand her stars or create mathematically-designed stars?
- Get out the scissors and invite your child to cut out all those festive stars. Encourage her to take her time, trying to cut along all her lines, a great way to boost hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills!
- Offer your child a sheet of white construction paper and glue to use for creating her star collage. She can position the stars randomly or create a pattern or unique design!
Her finished star collage can be proudly displayed somewhere in your home!