What You Need:
- Old or new pair of plain flip flops (preferably an old pair that could use some sprucing up)
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks for the glue gun
- Various decorations of your choosing such as ribbon, fabric flowers, rhinestones, puff paint, or anything else you can think of!
What You Do:
- Lay down a work surface of newspaper wherever you'll be decorating your flip flops.
- Make sure that your flip flops are clean and ready to decorate, whether they're old or new. If you like, you and your child can each decorate your own pair of flip flops and make matching pairs.
- Once your flip flops are clean, help your child decide how she's going to decorate her shoes. It's best to get a sense of where she's going to place what before she starts gluing. That way, she can see how it all looks and move things around as she sees fit.
- Now start gluing! Make sure your glue gun is hot. It's best for a parent to do most of the gluing with the glue gun. She can wrap the straps of her flip flops in ribbon, glue flowers on top, decorate her shoes in her favorite colors or even make a set of princess flip flops covered in gems and jewels. Let her imagination run wild!
- Once she's done decorating her flip flops, set them aside to dry over night.
- Now let her take them out for a spin!
These customized summer sandals are perfect for a vacation or a trip to the beach or even just for kickin' around on a hot day.