What You Need:
- Yellow construction paper
- Red washable marker
- Orange washable marker
- Brown washable marker
What You Do:
- Place the leaf on one of the yellow sheets.
- Show your child how to place his hand (not his dominant one) on the leaf to keep it steady.
- Have him use his other hand to trace the leaf with a pencil.
- Remove the leaf once he's done tracing and set it aside.
- Then let him take a red, brown or orange washable marker and draw lines shooting outward from the penciled outline.
- Have your child use this method to make colored leaves on as many pieces of construction paper as there are people attending your Thanksgiving feast. Make sure he uses the different markers to create a rainbow of fall colors.
- Using the color marker that matches the color of the leaf on each sheet, neatly write each family member's name on a place marker.
- Have your child set each place marker at the table before the feast starts.
If you want these table settings to last a little longer than just this year, laminate them!