What You Need:
- 9 sheets of white paper
- A friend
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a nine square tic-tac-toe grid on each of the sheets of white paper with the black marker.
- Next, have your child arrange the sheets of paper into a 3 x 3 grid with the tic tac toe grids facing up.
- Then, take over duties and write a random algebraic equation in each of the 81 spaces. For example: 3x+5= ? x=8.
- Have your child and another player take turns trying to solve the various problems contained within the grids.
- If either player can successfully solve a problem, they can put either an X or an O in the square.
- Whoever gets tic-tac-toe on a given sheet by solving three problems in a row on a given grid can turn the sheet over and mark it with an X or an O.
- To win, a child must successfully get three sheets in a row.
Helpful Tip: Want to play this game multiple times and really solidify your kid's algebra knowledge? Laminate the sheets and play with dry or wet erase markers.