What You Need:
- Assorted colors of felt, including white
- Hot glue gun
- Pillow stuffing
- Permanent marker
What You Do:
- Begin by helping your child draw an outline of a tooth on one of the white pieces of felt. Help her create the rounded crown of the tooth, as well as the two roots. After she has it drawn, help her cut it out.
- Then, ask her to trace the tooth onto another sheet of white felt and cut it out. She should now have two matching tooth shapes.
- Help her carefully hot glue the outside edges of the tooth together, leaving only a small hole at the top. Invite her to fill the tooth with the pillow stuffing to make it nice and fluffy.
- After the tooth is filled with fluff, help her hot glue the opening of the pillow closed .
- Now it's time to make the pocket. Help your kid cut out a small square of colored felt that's just big enough to hold a little baby tooth.
- Adhere the little pocket to the front of the pillow, making sure to glue down three of the sides and leave the top open.
- If she wants, let your child add extra decorations to the tooth. She can add eyes and a mouth to give the tooth a cute face, or glue on simple felt shapes like hearts or stars.
Encourage her to tuck the next tooth she loses in the pocket, hide it under her pillow at night, and wait for the Tooth Fairy's visit.