What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards (with the face cards removed)
What You Do:
- Divide the cards evenly between all of the players and explain that for the purposes of this game, aces= 1.
- Decide how many points to play to and which player will be the scorekeeper. Give the scorekeeper the paper and pencil.
- To begin a round, players should flip over the top card of their pile and place it face up for all the other players to see. Each player should take a turn solving an equation using the numbers played. Only two numbers can be used.
- Players can then decide whether they want to add to their own score by creating an addition equation, or create a subtraction equation to take away points from another player.
- The first player to reach the set amount of points you agreed upon at the beginning of the game wins.
If you're working with older kids, you can also incorporate multiplication and division problems.