What You Need:
- Fruit roll-ups or fruit leather (strawberry, raspberry, cherry)
- Scissors (ones that you use for food only)
- Heart cookie cutters
What You Do:
- Ask your child to unroll the fruit roll-ups and lay them flat on a work surface.
- If you have cookie cutters in the shape of hearts, place them out. If you are using a cookie cutter, press the cutter into the fruit roll-up and release it. Make several of these. They will become the “petals” of the strawberry flowers!
- If you are using scissors, help your child carefully cut out some heart shapes from the fruit leathers. Try and use several different red flavors of fruit roll-up to get some variety of color and flavor.
- Cut off the green tops of the strawberries and place them on a plate.
- Carefully place a toothpick through the pointy side of the strawberry so that the flat side is on the plate. Then place the fruit hearts through the toothpick until they are fanned out around the strawberry. Place another strawberry on top, with the flat side pressed down against the fruit hearts.
- Keep repeating the process until there are several strawberry heart flowers on the plate.
Eat and enjoy! You have a delicious and healthy snack that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!