What You Need:
- Construction paper in black, white and red
- Safety scissors
- Googly eyes (optional)
What You Do:
- Show your chid how to cut out paper hearts by folding a piece of paper in half and cutting out a teardrop shape on the folded crease. You can use a pencil to draw the shape out first, if it's easier.
- Once he's familiar with making hearts, have your child make two large hearts using the white paper for the head and body. Turn the hearts upside down, layering them vertically. Then, glue them together.
- Have your child make some medium-sized hearts out of black paper for the ears and paws. Position and glue them in place.
- Cut a smaller black heart for the nose and a red heart for the puppy's tongue.
- Now have your child cut tiny black or brown hearts for the spots. Glue these on the body.
- Draw or glue googly eyes on the head for an expressive face.
Ready for more heart animal inspiration? Try making a ladybug from a heart with tiny heart spots, or a butterfly with hearts as wings!