What You Need:
- 1 8-ounce container of fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream, divided
- 6 ounces (1/2 bag) white chocolate chips, found in the baking section of your grocery store
What You Do:
To make the hot chocolate:
T o make the whipped cream:
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, stir together the raspberries and 1 tablespoon sugar and cook until the raspberries burst and the sugar dissolves in the berry juices!
- With a strainer set over a bowl, pour the mixture into the strainer; use a rubber spatula to push against the wire mesh to release as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- In another saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk and one cup cream. Remove from heat immediately upon reaching a simmer and whisk in the white chocolate chips until melted.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the raspberry puree to flavor the hot chocolate.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the remaining one cup cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 3 tablespoons of the raspberry puree and whisk on high until medium peaks are formed.
- Divide the cocoa into 4-6 mugs and top each with a dollop of whipped cream.
If you make this for Valentine’s breakfast, consider refrigerating some of the whipped cream to top on brownies later that evening for Valentine’s dessert!