What You Need:
- Paper (plain white and lined)
- Computer with Internet access
- Printer or colored pencils and markers
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Have your child start by researching the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Ask him to jot down a few facts about each of the Wonders, such as when it was built, what it was made out of, where it was located, and who made it.
- Now, invite him to pretend that he's starting a new travel company or cruise. Ask him to think of a catchy name for his company, such as Seven Wonders Wanderers. He will be creating a brochure for the travelers.
- Ask him to begin making his brochure. He can either do this on the computer or by hand. He should describe each Wonder in a sentence or two, making sure to mention the importance of the sit and its history. Ask him to add a picture that's either hand-drawn, or printed from the computer, for each destination.
- As a family, vote on which tour or cruise you’d like to take if it were offered!
In response to the public’s interest in the Seven Wonders, there has been a renewed effort to identify additional wonders in the past few years. The New Seven Wonders of the World were identified in 2008 and the Seven Wonders of the Natural World are currently being identified. Take this activity a step further by creating brochures for these attractions!