A Solid Investigation
Students will be able to investigate, describe, and record information about solids.
- Explain to the students that they will learn about solids today.
- Tell the students that there are three states of matter: solids, liquids, and gases. Tell them that their focus today will be on solids.
- Show Matter Chatter to the students.
- While the song is playing, write the world "solid" on chart paper or the board to make a word web.
- After the song, ask students to give examples and characteristics of solids.
- Write down the words and phrases the students say on the word web.