A Tree Can Be...
Students will be able to name the main parts of a tree and identify different ways in which trees benefit other living things.
- Read A Tree Can Be... by Judy Nayer aloud to the class.
- Discuss the benefits of trees with the class. Mention how they house animals and provide food and shade.
- Go over the different parts of a tree: roots, trunk, branches, and leaves.
- Ask students questions about trees and their parts. For example: What is your favorite part of a tree and why?
- Distribute copies of the Test Your Tree Knowledge worksheet and have students complete it.