All About Alliteration
Students will be able to identify alliteration in text.
- Use the Alliteration for Kids worksheet to introduce students to the content or review their prior knowledge.
- Have students identify the alliteration in each of the sentences on the worksheet.
- Allow volunteers to share their answers.
- Tell students that alliteration is the repetition of consonant sounds at the beginning of words.
- Tell students that metaphors are analogies that compare two unlike things without using "like" or "as."
- Have students identify the two things being compared and explain how they are similar.
- Explain to students that in this lesson they will identify alliteration in various texts and create alliteration of their own.