All About Nouns
Students will be able to explain the role of a noun and be able to identify nouns in sentences.
- Share with the students the purpose of learning grammar: so that we can become better speakers and writers.
- Tell students that today they will be learning about what a noun is and how to find them in a sentence.
- Ask students to look around the room and look for objects. Call on a few students to share their item.
- Explain that all of those objects are nouns, which are the words we use for people, places, and things.
- Play a song about nouns to your students to solidify this idea, if necessary. You could have students raise a hand when they hear nouns mentioned to make the activity more interactive.