Students will be able to identify what it means to be an "includer" and discuss ways they may include others inside and outside of school.
- Join students together in a circle, seated or standing.
- Ask students, "What does it mean to 'include' others?"
- Ask, "Can someone give an example of a time they have been included in a game or activity?"
- Ask, "How does it feel when you are included?"
- Explain that someone who includes others is called an includer.
- Write "includer" on the board and draw a picture of a young person including someone else in a game.
- Show the video "The Number One Way To Teach Kids About Inclusion."
- Ask, "What are some tips they give us on how can we include others?"
- Take 3–4 student responses.