Cause and Effect with Comic Strips
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Words That Show Cause and Effect pre-lesson.
- Students will be able to identify the difference between cause and effect and create examples of cause-and-effect relationships in the form of comic strips.
- Tell students that today we are going to use what we have learned in science to make our very own comic strips.
- Show students the sample comic strip provided in the suggested media section.
- Call on a volunteer to explain what is happening in this comic strip.
- Provide a student-friendly definition of the term "comic strip."
- Show multiple examples of cause/effect comic strips.
- Have students discuss their observations in pairs before contributing to a whole group discussion.