Round and Round: Identifying Circles
Students will be able to identify and draw a circle. Students will be able to sort shapes based on one characteristic.
- Call your students together as a group, and ask them if they can identify a circle.
- Inform students that they will sing one verse of "The Wheels on the Bus," and do the actions.
- Altogether, sing: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town.
- Show the students an image of a school bus.
- Inform the students that circles, like wheels, are round shapes.
- Reinforce the definition of round by making a circle with your hand.
- Ask the students to make a circle with their hands.