Comparing Bigger and Smaller
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Which One is Bigger? pre-lesson.
Students will compare objects based on their size.
- Draw circles of two different sizes on the board. Ask, “Which is bigger?”
- Have students turn and talk to a partner about which circle is bigger.
- Provide definitions of big and small in student home language (L1).
- Have students point to the item they believe is bigger.
- Provide the sentence frame, "I think ________ is bigger because ________."