Do You Know Your Math Facts?
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Multiplication and Division Fact Families pre-lesson.
Students will be able use their knowledge of the relationship between multiplication and division to fluently multiply and divide numbers within 100.
- Instruct students to skip-count out loud by twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes, and tens.
- Display a multiplication chart on the board for students who are not fluent.
- Instruct them to read along.
- Pair learners with another EL with the same home language (L1) or a supportive peer.
- Ask them to skip count by twos, fives, and tens.
- Activate prior knowledge by asking students to explain the strategy of skip counting.
- Provide a student-friendly definition of skip counting with a visual and examples.