Urban, Suburban, and Rural Places
This lesson can be used as a pre-lesson for the Urban, Suburban, or Rural lesson plan.
- Students will identify and categorize the characteristics of rural, urban, and suburban communities.
- Students will be able to use new vocabulary words to talk about communities.
- Project the Frayer Model for community.
- Model completing the Frayer Model with volunteer input. Ask students to orally repeat the definition and/or provide examples.
- Tell students they will be completing sentences to help them understand how to describe different communities.